General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who was the president of Argentina at the start of the Falklands War?
A General Garibaldi
B General Fasto
C General Peron
D General Galtieri
2. What is the name of the Japanese electronic pet which became popular worldwide in 1997?
3. In which popular US sport do the Boston Red Sox play?
B American football
C Ice hockey
4. Which 19th-century statesman was known as the Iron Chancellor?
B Wilhelm II
5. Kirk Douglas portrayed which famous painter in the 1956 biopic Lust For Life?
A Paul Gauguin
B Vincent van Gogh
C Jackson Pollock
D Salvador Dali
6. Craig Charles plays which Red Dwarf character?
A Dave Lister
B Arnold Rimmer
C Dwayne Dibbley
D Frank Todhunter
7. Which firework is named after a 4th century Christian martyr?
A Roman candle
B Catherine wheel
C Jumping jack
D Sarah sparkler
8. Which Shakespeare play is about a former Roman general who is dissuaded from sacking Rome?
A Titus Andronicus
B Twelfth Night
D Julius Caesar
9. What nickname was given to John Chapman, an American pioneer nurseryman of the 18th and 19th centuries?
A Johnny Appleseed
B Jackie Pumpkinseed
C Joey Pearseed
D Johnno Grapeseed
10. Which former Generation Game host also presented Come Dancing?
A Rosemarie Ford B Sally Ford C Cheryl Ford D Louise Ford
11. To which genus of plants does the snapdragon belong?
A Dragonis B Petunia C Antirrhinum D Antidragonum
12. What is the usual name for the salts formed by the combination between sodium or potassium and palmitic, stearic and oleic acids?
A Sand B Rock Salts C Soap D Basalt
13. Which Hugh Grant film features songs by Damon (Badly Drawn Boy) Gough?
A Notting Hill
B About a Boy
C Bridget Jones’s Diary
D Nine Months
14. Who wrote the opera Pagliacci?
15. Which band had a hit single with Girls and Boys?
B Ocean Colour Scene