Hero fire­fight­ers res­cue dog from burn­ing house

Macclesfield Express - - FRONT PAGE -

A DOG was res­cued from a burn­ing house af­ter it had been left alone while the cooker was switched on.

Fire­fight­ers were called to a semi-de­tached house on Chelford Road, Mac­cles­field, on Thurs­day af­ter­noon just af­ter 1.30pm.

Two crews from Mac­cles­field sta­tion had to break into the home as no one was in and found there to be a fire in the kitchen.

A cooker had been left on and ad­ja­cent items had caught alight.

Crews found a small dog, which was taken out­side un­harmed.

A hose reel and breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus was used to ex­tin­guish the blaze and a fan was used to rid the house of smoke.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire Ser­vice said: “Crews forced en­try to the prop­erty. A small dog, which was found safe and well, was cared for by the fire crews.”

Two fire crews from Mac­cles­field also at­tended a chim­ney blaze at a farm on Ker­ridge Road, Higher Hurds­field, the same day shortly af­ter 6.30pm. A fire in­volv­ing a log burner had set alight and dam­aged the flue and hearth but fire­fight­ers pre­vented it spread­ing fur­ther.

Last year’s Christ­mas lights switch on event in Mac­cles­field

Fire­fighter Danielle Burgess with the res­cued dog

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.