General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which Italian navigator under the patronage of the Spanish monarchy explored the Americas?
A Sir Walter Raleigh B James Cook C Christopher Columbus D Marco Polo
2. In which country is the city of Rawalpindi?
A India B Sri Lanka C Pakistan D Bangladesh
3. Which great British novelist formed a relationship with a young actress called Ellen Ternan?
A William Thackeray B Anthony Trollope C Charles Kingsley D Charles Dickens
4. Who won the 1997 Booker Prize for the novel The God of Small Things?
A Margaret Atwood B Salman Rushdie C Tim Lott D Arundhati Roy
5. How many legs does a tick have?
A 12 B 6 C 8 D 4
6. Which song recently gave Lewis Capaldi his first number one in the US, having topped the UK Chart earlier this year?
A Someone You Loved B Someone You Liked C Someone You Hated D Someone You Wanted
7. Which French statesman and diplomat represented France at the Congress of Vienna in 1815?
A Talleyrand B Clemenceau C Napoleon D De Gaulle
8. Who wrote the 1997 number one song Perfect Day?
A David Bowie B Freddie Mercury C Louis Armstrong D Lou Reed
9. Which astrological phenomena are found in millions in the Oort cloud beyond Pluto?
A Stars B Meteors C Comets D Asteroids
10. Who played crime writer Madelaine Magellan; Jonathan Creek’s sidekick in the BBC 1 crime mystery series?
A Caroline Quentin B Pauline Quirke C Dawn French D Jennifer Saunders
11. In which US state is Palm Springs?
A Florida B California C North Carolina D Oregon
12. Which female R&B band released an album entitled EV3 in 1997?
A TLC B En Vogue C Destiny’s Child D All Saints
13. In which state is Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in what is now the US?
A North Carolina B Virginia C Florida D Georgia
14. Into how many constellations is the sky divided?
A 12 B 62 C 37 D 88
15. Which British dramatist wrote Ralph Roister Doister?
A Simon Uvedale B Nicholas Udall C Richard Udall D Ian Locher
Lewis Capaldi See Question 6.