General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which world leaders met at the 1943 Casablanca Conference?
A Stalin and Hitler B Chamberlain and Hitler C Churchill and Roosevelt D Eisenhower and Montgomery
2. What is the collective name for a flock of goldfinches?
A A charm B A swoop C A lock D A flinch
3. By what name is the tree Picea abies, most commonly used as a Christmas tree, better known?
A Dutch Spruce B Swedish Fir C Norway spruce D Polish Spruce
4. Who was the Queen of the Netherlands from 1948 to 1980?
A B C D Georgiana Juliana Phillipina Maria
5. What is the capital of Brazil?
A Rio de Janeiro B Brasilia C Salvador D Sao Paulo
6. What is the title of Selena Gomez’s recent UK top ten single, the first to be taken from her new album due for release in January?
A Want You to Love Me B Lose You to Love Me C Take You to Love Me D Have You to Love Me
7. Who won a Best Director Oscar for his 1940 adaptation of John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath?
A Alfred Hitchcock B John Ford C Michael Curtiz D Billy Wilder
8. Which ancient forest of Nottinghamshire is famous for its associations with Robin Hood?
A The New Forest B Sherwood Forest C The Forest of Dean D Dyfi Forest
9. Which large aquatic rodent builds lodges and dams?
A Vole B Rat C Beaver D Chipmunk
10. In which year did the General Strike take place in Britain?
A 1920 B 1926 C 1936 D 1919
11. In which country is the industrial city of Kawasaki?
A China B Japan C Thailand D Korea
12. Which tennis player won the Men’s Singles title at the 1997 Australian Open?
A Tim Henman B Andre Agassi C Boris Becker D Pete Sampras
13. Who played Nora Batty in TV’s Last Of The Summer Wine?
A Kathy Staff B Linda Staff C Betty Staff D Irene Staff
14. Which of the X-Men used a pack of playing cards as ammunition in combat?
A Wolverine B Storm C Rogue D Gambit
15. What was the name of the band in That Thing You Do! directed by Tom Hanks?
A The Beats B The Wonders C The Whirlwinds D The Hitsters
Selena Gomez See Question 6.