General Knowledge Quiz
1. What is the mathematical term for an integer that is equal to the sum of all its factors (except itself)?
A Square number B Whole number C Rich number D Perfect number
2. Who wrote the novels Emma and Persuasion?
A Emily Bronte B Mrs Gaskell C Jane Austen D Charlotte Bronte
3. In what year was Dr Crippen executed?
A 1900 B 1920 C 1910 D 1930
4. Which musical instrument produces a sound when a current of air passes over its strings?
A Glockenspiel B Xylophone C Jew’s harp D Aeolian harp
5. How is the rose bay shrub otherwise known?
A Oleander B Minima Aurea C Tamariscifolia D Pinus Mugo
6. Dwayne Johnson has reprised his role as Dr. Smolder Bravestone in which new film sequel?
A Jumanji: The Next Level B The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part C How to Train your Dragon: The Hidden World D Toy Story 4
7. Which medieval Italian writer is chiefly known for the collection of tales known as the Decameron and for On Famous Women?
A Giovanni Boccaccio B Luigi Boccaccio C Gianni Boccaccio D Gianni Rossi
8. What is the Jewish religion called?
A Judaism B Islam C Christianity D Hebrew
9. What is the kernel of the tree Myristica fragrans called?
A Cumin B Nutmeg C Paprika D Pepper
10. Which country was ordered to pay reparations to the value of 6.6 billion pounds after their actions in war?
A Russia B Japan C Germany D USA
11. Who abdicated as king of Romania in 1940?
A Carol II B Nicholas II C Edward III D Stefan I
12. What sort of creature is an orfe?
A A cow B An antelope C A rodent D A fish
13. Which British philosopher was awarded the Nobel prize for literature in 1950?
A Benjamin Rex B Bertrand Russell C Brian Robinson D Bogart Rayner
14. Who had a number one hit single in 1970 with Grandad?
A Clive Frank B Clive Butcher C Clive Roberts D Clive Dunn
15. Who presented the game show Chain Letters?
A David Bowie B David Lee Ray C David Robinson D David Spikey
Dwayne Johnson See Question 6.