NAIL YOUR NUTRITION
Fast food tweaks for a healthier diet
• Focus on small changes instead of dramatic shifts in your diet. Crash diets are likely to cause a relapse, are hard to maintain and tend to be low in nutrients.
• Check the nutrition information at high-street coffee shops. Some coffees can contain the same number of calories as a whole meal.
• Avoid foods that claim to boost metabolism and weight loss. There’s little evidence to support them working.
• Be wary of reduced-fat foods. Having less fat than the original product doesn’t make it healthy, and often means a load of added artificial ingredients.
• Stay hydrated to minimise snacking. Filling your stomach with water can lower your cravings.
• Don’t skip meals. It can result in poor training, fatigue, and means you will miss out on essential vitamins and minerals.