NATASHA’S LAW JUST 12 MONTHS AWAY
THE parents of a girl who died after suffering an allergic reaction to a Pret A Manger sandwich are optimistic of changes to allergen labelling becoming law “by the end of 2019”.
Teenager Natasha Ednan-Laperouse ( left) collapsed during a flight from Heathrow to Nice in 2016 and died within hours.
The 15-year-old’s parents met the Environment Secretary Michael Gove to lobby for all pre-packaged food to show allergens.
Mr Gove said businesses should “not wait for the law to change”.
A coroner found that Natasha, from Fulham, south-west London, had been “reassured” by the lack of specific allergen information on the packaging.
Following the inquest, Pret announced it would be listing all ingredients on its freshly-made food.
However, her parents are keen for it to become law for all pre-packaged products to clearly show what allergens are in the ingredients.
After meeting Mr Gove her parents said in a joint statement: “We have every hope that Natasha’s law could be a reality by the end of next year.”