I built two sets of 1959 stock for the Watford services. I cut a crenellated shape into Plastikard sheet (it looked like a castle turret!) and glued them to Class 101 DMU bodies. The crenellations formed the window apertures against the clear plastic body and I sprayed the other side black to create a window effect. I applied model filler to the roof and, when dry, sanded it to shape. To finish, I sprayed it with two types of grey primer and used Fox Transfers for window details. All my painting and weathering was done with a simple Tamiya gas can spray gun kit, and I heartily recommend Phoenix Precision paint. With this type of work, reference to photographs of the prototype is a must.