Both Penrhyn and Dinorwic quarries bought locomotives from other sources and other manufacturers, including Andrew Barclay, Baldwin, Bagnall and Kerr Stuart. However, both bought a Hunslet 0‑4‑0ST each from other quarries and though neither conformed to the exact specifications of the main ‘Quarry Hunslet’ fleet, they deserve inclusion. Lilla was built in 1891 for Cilgwyn Quarry, eventually served by the Welsh Highland Railway. Resembling an enlarged ‘Alice’ with a domed boiler, Lilla shared key dimensions with Dinorwic’s ‘Mills’ class. It was bought by Penrhyn in 1928 and remained there until 1963. Now based at the Ffestiniog Railway. Dinorwic’s second-hand purchase came from Groby Granite Company in Leicestershire. This 1896‑built locomotive was named Sextus and was returned to Hunslet in 1909 for a major overhaul. It never returned to Groby; the Leicestershire quarry bought a new locomotive instead and Hunslet then offered the 0‑4‑0ST to Dinorwic, which it bought in 1910. The locomotive was named Lady Madcap, and although it shared many components with the ‘Alice’ class, it had the drop frames akin to the Penrhyn ‘Port’ class. Lady Madcap was withdrawn for overhaul in 1951/52 and dismantled. However, it was never rebuilt and its parts were used on other Hunslets. The frames remained at Gilfach Ddu and were finally scrapped in 1969. However, work is under way to build a replica, using many original Hunslet parts. The rolling chassis is on display at the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway at Porthmadog.