Motorsport News



Three more wins for Jamie Winrow made it 14 in a row and crowned him as Caterham Sigma 135 champion at Anglesey last weekend.

He led the first wet race by an ever-increasing margin from lap two, and left James McCall to successful­ly hold off John Hood in a race-long duel for second.

After numerous exchanges with Tom Power in race two, Winrow finally made his escape after reaching the head of a fourcar train into Rocket at half distance. Power retained second from Giles Derry.

Then Winrow secured his hat-trick and the title with a lightsto-flag win over the duelling Richard Groom and Power.

In the combined Sigma 150 and Sigmax races, Harry Cramer’s 150 came to the fore from Church at one-third’s distance in race one. Stephen Clark was a solid second with Sigmax winner Max Haynes third.

No-one got near Kevin Barrett’s Sigmax in race two as he led from lights to flag. Clark was second again and topped the 150 division from Harry Senior in third.

Haynes became the third winner in the finale after a terrific battle throughout with Barrett. Both had a share of the lead, but Haynes made it stick from Rocket three laps from home, with third placed Clark topping the 150 class again.

Andrew Jordan was a double winner in the Mini Miglia races. In race one, he made an early break with Rupert Deeth, aided by Kane Astin and Ben Colburn’s duel for third.

Deeth stayed close throughout but Jordan just held on, while Astin got the better of Colburn from Rocket late on.

Deeth had the early race-two lead, with Jordan taking second from Colburn into Rocket on lap three. A lap later at Rocket, Deeth ran wide and Jordan was through and soon in the clear.

Deeth managed to retake Lewis Selby and Colburn, for second three laps from home with Colburn hanging onto third.

Connor O’Brien emerged from a three-way battle to win the first Mini Seven race. Both Joe Thompson and Mike Jordan led too but Thompson retained a clear second, as Jordan fell back in the wet conditions.

O’Brien took charge in race two after heading Ross Billison into Rocket on lap two. But Jordan soon followed and took O’Brien’s lead into Rocket just after half distance. Billison retained a distant third.

Daire Flock had the measure of Maximus Hall and Adam Harding to win the restarted Junior Saloons opener, but in race two Harry Hickton took the spoils after a three-way fight with Harding and Hall.

Hickton managed to make a late escape to make his racethree lead decisive, leaving Flock to fight off Harding for third.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom