Audrey’s Top Six Essentials
New lines from trusted favourites are to the fore this week, along with some TLC for thread veins and sun-stressed hair
1. TIMELESS BEAUTY Nina Ricci’s timeless, feminine fragrances are always a delight and Nina Ricci Bella Eau de Toilette Spray £32.30, ESCENTUAL. COM does not disappoint. Mellow, fruity, citrus notes and a hint of floral freesia blend deliciously with fragrant vanilla – it’s the per fect pick-me-up for warm, languid days.
2. SHOP SMART Boots are a favourite go-to for well priced, high-performing skincare products and their latest range, Expert Skincare Q10 Anti-Age, is just £4 for each. There’s a serum, eye cream, day and night cream, so you can indulge in all four without feeling guilty. Nourishing, hydrating and leaves skin looking rested.
3. TWO-IN-ONE The latest make-up mixes the benefits of skincare with the look of traditional foundation. The Ordinary Serum Foundation SPF5 £5.70, ESCENTUAL.COM feels light and smooth, blends easily and gives good coverage in a semimatte finish without settling in fine lines. There are 21 shades!
4. CALM DOWN It’s nice to lighten up on foundation in summer, but it means thread veins from hormonal changes and sun exposure are more noticeable. Couperose Thread & Spider Veins £24.95, ANTI-COUPEROSE.COM reduces their appearance. Use twice daily after cleansing; you should see a difference in one week.
5. TENDER HAIRCARE I don’t know what I like most about Lavera Repair & Care Shampoo/ Conditioner £6.95 each, LAVERAUK. CO.UK. The lather that leaves my hair smelling like freshly-cut flowers, the fact I can pull a comb through my tangled, sun-stressed hair without tugging, or that it’s 100% natural… all in all, a winner!
6. MUM’S THE WORD Our own baby days may be behind us but if you’d like to treat a friend or relative who’s a new mum, browse the beautiful Sanctuary Mums Pamper Gifts from £12, Boots/Superdrug. Top pick is the Box of Treats for £20, which includes body wash, hand cream, moisturiser, oil and a detox mask.