News Tram­po­line park own­ers have vowed to bounce straight back

Nuneaton Telegraph - - FRONT PAGE -

OWN­ERS of the blaze-hit tram­po­line park in Bed­worth have vowed to re­open in six months’ time.

Just hours af­ter the dev­as­tat­ing fire, Red Kan­ga­roo has pledged to re-open the pop­u­lar play venue early next year.

A Red Kan­ga­roo spokesper­son vowed: “We will re­turn and re­open but un­for­tu­nately at this point this is likely to be at least six months time.”

Praise has also been heaped on War­wick­shire Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice for their ef­forts in try­ing to save the build­ing.

“The sup­port re­ceived from the emer­gency ser­vices and the lo­cal com­mu­nity has been fan­tas­tic and we are very thank­ful for the ac­tions and good­will al­ready re­ceived,” the spokesper­son said.

And they added: “Un­for­tu­nately, due to an ex­ten­sive fire in our Coven­try branch in the early hours of Thurs­day, the Park is now closed. No one was in the build­ing at the time of the fire and the Emer­gency Ser­vices were on the scene promptly hav­ing been con­tacted by our se­cu­rity com­pany. They have done a fan­tas­tic job at bring­ing the fire un­der con­trol and a full in­ves­ti­ga­tion will take place with re­gards to the cause. All cus­tomers with fu­ture book­ings will be con­tacted via email to­day re­gard­ing their book­ings and re­funds.

“We will re­turn and re­open but un­for­tu­nately at this point this is likely to be at least six months time.

“All fu­ture book­ings will be re­funded with your book­ing ref­er­ence, date and time of book­ing plus the name as it ap­pears on the card used for pay­ment and the last 4 dig­its of the long card num­ber that was used on the orig­i­nal book­ing.

“We apol­o­gise for the in­con­ve­nience caused to those with book­ings but we will try to be back in busi­ness as soon as pos­si­ble.”

Around 70 fire­fight­ers from across Coven­try and War­wick­shire bat­tled the fire which was well un­der way when crews ar­rived at the scene on School Lane in Ex­hall just af­ter 2am.

By dawn the fire was out, re­veal­ing the in­te­rior had been com­pletely gut­ted. Crew Com­man­der Mullins said: “West Mid­lands Fire sent a cou­ple of en­gines to the scene to sup­port War­wick­shire.

“One en­gine from Coven­try and one from Foleshill were sent dur­ing the early stages of the fire.

“We also sent one hy­draulic plat­form.

“Crews came back to the sta­tion around 6am, nearly three hours af­ter it started.

“We went when they asked for more re­sources.”

Neil McEl­venny, group com­man­der at the scene, said: “We lost the whole back of the build­ing and 100 per cent of the play area to fire but we man­aged to save the re­cep­tion area and the brief­ing room.”

At the height of the blaze there were 70 fire­fight­ers in ten en­gines and three aerial ap­pli­ances. En­gines from Nuneaton, Bed­worth, Foleshill, Coven­try, Leam­ing­ton, Coleshill, Polesworth and Ather­stone.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.