Stuffed mushrooms with creamy white beans
30 MINUTES + MARINATING | SERVES 2 | EASY | V
garlic 2 cloves, crushed
olive oil 4 tbsp
white wine 4 tbsp
rosemary 1 sprig, leaves only
portobello mushrooms 4 large, peeled, stalks removed and reserved for the filling capers 1 tbsp, drained and chopped flat-leaf parsley a handful, chopped breadcrumbs 4 tbsp olive oil for brushing
CREAMY WHITE BEANS
onion 1/2, finely chopped
butter 30g butter beans 400g tin, drained and rinsed vegetable stock 150ml dijon mustard 2 tsp
single cream 3 tbsp (optional) spinach a handful, finely chopped
• To prepare the mushrooms, combine the garlic, oil, wine and rosemary in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms and leave them to marinate for 30 minutes.
• To make the stuffing, chop the mushroom stalks and combine them with the capers, parsley, breadcrumbs and some seasoning in a bowl, and add 1 tbsp of the marinade. Spoon the stuffing on top of the mushrooms, gills-side up.
• Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the mushrooms in an ovenproof dish and bake for 15 minutes.
• To make the creamy white beans, put the onion in a pan with the butter, cover and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes or until softened but not coloured. Remove the lid, add the beans and stock, and simmer for 5 minutes. To finish, stir in the mustard, cream and spinach, and season well.
• To serve, arrange the mushrooms on a plate and serve with spoonfuls of the creamy beans.
PER SERVING 642 KCALS | FAT 38.7G SATURATES 11.5G | CARBS 47.1G | SUGARS 10.9G FIBRE 11.2G | PROTEIN 16.1G | SALT 1.7G