Spiced lentil and chickpea salad with halloumi
40 MINUTES | SERVES 4 EASY |
olive oil 2 tbsp
red onion 1, halved and sliced cherry vine tomatoes 200g harissa 2 tsp cooked beluga lentils 250g pouch lemon Ω, juiced
halloumi 1 block, cut into 1/2cm slices chickpeas 400g tin, drained and rinsed mint a small bunch, roughly torn flat-leaf parsley a small bunch, roughly torn DRESSING tahini 1 tbsp natural yogurt 3 tbsp harissa 2-3 tsp runny honey 1 tsp lemon Ω, juiced garlic Ω a clove, crushed
• Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until they are just starting to break down and burst open. Stir in the harissa, lentils and lemon juice, cook for a minute then season well and cool.
• Whisk together all the dressing ingredients with enough water to make a drizzle-able consistency.
• Fry the halloumi slices in batches in a dry non-stick pan until golden on both sides.
• Toss the chickpeas and 1/2 the herbs into the lentil mixture.
• Put on a platter or divide between plates and top with the dressing, the halloumi and the remaining herbs.
PER SERVING 487 KCALS | FAT 25.3G SATURATES 11.5G | CARBS 31.2G | SUGARS 9.9G FIBRE 9.9G | PROTEIN 28.5G | SALT 1.9G