Bun cha with sizzling meatballs
30 MINUTES + CHILLING SERVES 3 | EASY | LC A Vietnamese-inspired dish.
vermicelli rice noodles 2 nests bean sprouts a handful, blanched
Little Gem lettuces 2, cored and torn sugar snap peas a handful, blanched carrot 1, shredded
mint Ω a small bunch, leaves torn thai basil or regular basil Ω a small bunch MEATBALLS
pork mince 250g
garlic 1 clove, crushed ginger thumb-sized piece, grated
red chilli Ω, finely chopped
fish sauce 1 tbsp
vegetable oil 1 tbsp
fish sauce 1Ω tbsp soft light brown sugar 1Ω tbsp limes 1Ω, zested and juiced
• Tip the mince, garlic, ginger, chilli and fish sauce into a large bowl. Season lightly, mix well and form into 9 balls. Chill for 15 minutes.
• Cook the noodles following pack instructions, drain really well and run under cold water until completely cold, then drain again.
• Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
• Divide the noodles between plates and put all the vegetables in piles on top. Spoon over ae of the dressing and top with herbs. Chill.
• Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the meatballs for 8-10 minutes or until well browned and cooked through.
• Remove the bowls from the fridge, add the meatballs on top and spoon over the remaining dressing and a few more herbs.
PER SERVING 308 KCALS | FAT 12.3G SATURATES 3.4G | CARBS 26.3G | SUGARS 14.2G FIBRE 4.2G | PROTEIN 20.8G | SALT 2.7G