Paisley Daily Express
Trial date for pair accused of making threats
A man and woman are set to go on trial over allegations they threatened people with a knife and tried to break into cars in Paisley.
Maurice Brady and Sarah-Jane Elliot both appeared separately via video link at Paisley Sheriff Court on Friday where they both denied the charges against them.
Brady, 29, is accused of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner on
September 13 last year by shouting and swearing, uttering derogatory remarks, threatening to damage property on Argyle Street, Paisley and throwing wood and damaging windows on the street.
He is also said to have had a knife in his possession on Maxwellton Street, Paisley on November 19 last year.
Also on November 19, Brady and Elliot, are accused of repeatedly banging on a door of a property on the street, forcing entry to the property, shouting, swearing, brandishing a knife a two people and repeatedly trying to get access to the property after being removed.
Elliot is alleged to have attempted to break into three cars on King Street and Queen Street on the same date.
The 38-year-old is also accused committing these offences while on bail as well as breaching a court curfew order which required her to remain at home between 7pm and 7am.
Procurator fiscal depute told the court the trial was not ready to go ahead due to current covid restrictions which do not allow for multiple accused trials to go ahead.
The case will be called in court again on September 24 to set a date for the trial.