Text threats to former partner
A Perth man sent a series of texts to his ex-partner, some threatening to break her new boyfriend’s neck.
Thirty-eight-year-old Peter McLeod could now have a non-harassment order imposed when he returns to Perth Sheriff Court for sentence next month.
The accused, of Nimmo Place, Hillyland, admitted sending messages which were“grossly offensive or of an indecent, offensive or menacing character”on November 17 last year.
The charge indicated that he repeatedly made threats of violence towards the new man in his former partner’s life.
The court was told that McLeod had been in a relationship with the female but that ended in 2017.
She had a new partner when she started to receiveWhatsApp messages from the accused.
In one of them, referring to her new boyfriend, the accused said:“I’ll break his f***ing neck – no more said”.
Depute fiscal Bill Kermode said there were further messages containing similar threats.
Solicitor David Holmes said the messages were not sent through jealousy but because of“certain aspects”of the boyfriend’s behaviour which had been reported to him and caused him concern.
But he added:“He should not have expressed himself in the way he did.
“Things have not been a problem since that time.”
McLeod was ordered to be of good behaviour until January 6 to allow Sheriff Neil Bowie to be updated on the situation.