KOREAN PORK BELLY
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes
• Bacofoil® The Non-stick Kitchen Foil
• 600g pork belly slices
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
• 2-3cm pieces fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 tbsp Gochujang paste or other chilli paste
• 3 tbsp lower salt soy sauce (or gluten free tamari)
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
For the sauce:
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp boiling water
• ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
• 1 tsp sesame oil 2 tbsp lower salt soy sauce (or gluten free tamari)
• Boiled rice
• 6cm piece cucumber, cut
into very fine sticks
• Gem lettuce leaves
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large shallow bowl and add the pork slices. Turn to make sure the meat is well coated then cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
2. When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180ºc fan/200ºc/gas 6. Line a shallow baking tray with Bacofoil® The Non-stick Kitchen Foil.
3. Place the pork slices onto the tray and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes (depending on thickness), turning over half way through cooking.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Dissolve the sugar in the hot water in a small bowl, then stir in the ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce. Set aside. Cook your rice and prepare the accompaniments.
5. When the meat is cooked you can place the tray under a medium hot grill for a minute or two on each side to crisp it up a little more, if that’s how you like it. Watch it doesn’t burn!
6. Transfer the meat to a board and slice thinly into bite-sized pieces. Serve with the rice, lettuce, spring onions and cucumber and sauce on the side.