Veggie cheese and chutney puffs
1tbsp sunflower oil 1 carrot, peeled and diced small 1 parsnip, peeled and diced small 1 red onion, peeled and diced small 1 potato (about 150g), peeled and diced small 2tsp fresh thyme 75g spinach, roughly chopped 8tbsp Branston Dorset Ale and Apple Chutney 100g reduced fat mature Cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes 2 x 320g sheets ready rolled puff pastry 1 egg, beaten, for brushing 2tbsp mixed seeds Extra Branston Dorset Ale & Apple Chutney, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the carrot, parsnip and onion and fry over a high heat for 3-4 mins. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add the spinach and thyme to the pan and cook until the spinach has cooked down. Remove from the heat and cool for 15 mins.
2. Heat the oven to 190°C. Line two baking trays with parchment. Unroll the pastry on a work surface and cut each into 10 equal pieces.
3. Mix Branston Dorset Ale and Apple Chutney and cheese into the filling. Place half of the pastry pieces on to the prepared trays and brush a 1cm border of beaten egg around each one.
4. Carefully pile the filling in the middle of each pastry piece. Place the second piece of pastry on top of each and press the edges together. Use a fork to seal the edges together firmly, giving a 1cm fluted border.
5. Slice a small air hole or two into the top of each pasty, and brush with the egg. Scatter with the seeds and bake for 20-25 mins until deep golden and the pastry is crisp. Serve hot, warm or cooled.