Phoenix Tiger

Pilot - - NEW REGS -

Tiger Moth G-ANFC was built in 1942 by Mor­ris Mo­tors as Royal Air Force trainer DE363. It was de­mobbed to the Royal En­gi­neers Fly­ing Club, then served for sev­en­teen years as a glider tug at Dun­sta­ble Downs with the Lon­don Glid­ing Club un­til it was sub­stan­tially de­stroyed by fire in Jan­uary 1971. The bare frame be­came an out­door ex­hibit at the Mos­quito Air­craft Mu­seum, Lon­don Col­ney. It was com­pletely re­built to flight around the turn of the cen­tury at Chirk in Wales and is now re­stored af­ter some years out of use.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.