The Miles Mercury was designed in 1941 as a four-seat communications and training aircraft, low-wing, single-engined with retractable undercarriage, and twin fins and rudders. Although only six were built, its claim to fame was that one was converted into the prototype fixed-undercarriage, ‘triple-tailed’ Messenger, with huge success. G-AHAA was the final Mercury, built as transport for the Chairman of the British Overseas Airways Corporation. It then went to Germany and languished until rescued forty years ago by a group of Danish enthusiasts. Since then it has resided in the Stauning Museum but has been regularly flown as OY-ALW, and now returns to its birthplace.