Vam­pire back

Pilot - - NEW REGS -

The UK His­toric Avi­a­tion Trust has taken on the task of bring­ing de Hav­il­land Vam­pire Trainer XE956/G-OBLN back to fly­ing con­di­tion at its St Athan base in South Wales. This was built in 1955 and used for jet con­ver­sion train­ing, al­though the sin­gle-seat Vam­pires had largely been with­drawn from RAF ser­vice. In 1971 it was sold to St Al­bans Col­lege as an in­struc­tional air­frame be­fore be­ing bought by de Hav­il­land Avi­a­tion at Bournemout­h, who put it on the civil reg­is­ter but never flew it.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.