Fight the resistance
Can anyone at the mag shed any light on the electrical issue on my Yamaha YZF750? I have a wire going into the fusebox which is the feed up to the headlight. It looks like it has overheated and melted. It seems to have the correct 20A fuse in the box and that hasn’t blown. Any ideas?
Simon Finlay, PS Facebook Group Ferret says: If there were a short-circuit issue, the fuse would have certainly blown. This looks to me like perhaps the headlight bulb holder is corroded or there’s resistance elsewhere in the wire – this will be down to age and corrosion. This would explain the build up of heat in the cable.
A viper’s nest of potential gremlins