Be RULE savvy

Real Homes - - Project Advice -

re­mov­ing in­ter­nal walls isn’t some­thing that gen­er­ally needs plan­ning per­mis­sion. Live in a listed build­ing?

You’ll need listed build­ing con­sent for sig­nif­i­cant works, so get in touch with the lo­cal plan­ning de­part­ment. Build­ing reg­u­la­tions ap­ply when you’re tak­ing down an in­ter­nal wall, cov­er­ing is­sues such as fire safety and the struc­tural sup­port that will be re­quired if it’s load bear­ing. Ex­act re­quire­ments will be par­tic­u­lar to your home, so al­ways get pro­fes­sional ad­vice. Find out more at re­al­ plan­ning-per­mis­sion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.