ROAST COD WITH ROCKET AND SHERRY VINAIGRETTE
“LETTING the ingredients shine”.
A sheer classic of bold flavours which is an utter joy to eat.
Two tablespoons olive oil
Four 175g fillets of cod – skin on
Few sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary
100g fine beans – blanched
80g pitted black olives
One banana shallot – finely sliced
One bunch of rocket leaves
2 fl oz sherry vinegar
6 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
1. Smear the cod with the olive oil and scatter with sea salt and pepper.
2. Heat a small frying pan and seal the cod skin down until crisp.
3. Take a small roasting tray and scatter with the sprigs of thyme and rosemary, place the cod skin side up on top and place in a hot oven (180°C/ gas 4) for eight minutes or until cooked through.
4. Arrange the fine beans on individual serving plates and place the rocket leaves in the centre, scatter with the black olives and shallots.
5. Place the cooked cod on top and finally mix the vinegar and oil together, season then drizzle all over the fish and leaves.