Daisy Hill at the dou­ble for Bacup

Rossendale Free Press - - Property -

HALL­MARK SE­CU­RITY LEAGUE DIVI­SION 1 DAISY HILL .................... 1 BACUP BOR­OUGH ......... 2 MATTHEW LAW­SON BACUP Bor­ough com­pleted a dou­ble for the sea­son over Daisy Hill with a vic­tory more com­fort­able than the 2-1 score­line would sug­gest.

Two goals to the good by the in­ter­val hav­ing con­trolled the open­ing pe­riod, they were given a scare when the home side pulled one back late on but held on com­fort­ably for a de­served vic­tory.

Bor­ough started off brightly, and had the ball in the back of the net in the open­ing min­utes of the game when An­thony Hall fin­ished neatly past the Daisy Hill keeper but the lines­man on the far side had his flag up for off­side.

How­ever, early pres­sure paid off and Bor­ough were in front in­side the first 10 min­utes of the game. Darcy O’Con­nor played a de­fence split­ting pass into Matty Dell who was in space on the right hand side. He ad­vanced in on the keeper be­fore de­light­fully dink­ing the ball over the top of him and into the back of the net.

Bacup con­tin­ued to be the dom­i­nant side in the open­ing ex­changes and could have ex­tended their lead had it not been for a smart save from the keeper and then the up­right.

Bacup stop­per Harry Turner didn’t have much to do in the first half but when called upon fol­low­ing a rare at­tack from the hosts he pro­duced a great save low to his right.

On the half hour mark Bacup de­servedly dou­bled their lead. A cor­ner from the right hand side was taken short by Rob Welsh and played into An­thony Gervin whose lofted ball ●● Bacup goalscorer Matthew Dell was headed home by cap­tain Adrian Bel­lamy.

Bacup came close to a third be­fore the break, a great turn from Hall gain­ing him an ex­tra yard and al­low­ing him to ad­vance into space in the mid­dle of the park be­fore play­ing a sweet re­verse pass back into Bobby Carter whose left-footed ef­fort skimmed the far post.

The sec­ond half started with chances at both ends but the score re­mained 0-2 in favour of Bacup Bor­ough.

The first mean­ing­ful chance of the sec­ond half came just after the hour mark when Hall slipped past two de­fend­ers be­fore see­ing his ef­fort saved at the near post.

With only 15 min­utes left on the ref­eree’s watch the hosts piled on the pres­sure and pulled one back to make the score 1-2.

Straight from the restart Bor­ough al­most re­gained their two-goal ad­van­tage. A well worked at­tack down the right saw Carter do well to hold the ball up be­fore find­ing the feet of Dell who flicked it round the de­fender into the feet of sub­sti­tute Josh Walne. Un­for­tu­nately for him he didn’t get a solid con­nec­tion on the strike.

With five min­utes left of the game re­main­ing the hosts were re­duced to 10 men after their cen­tre half was shown a sec­ond yel­low card and given his march­ing or­ders from the ref­eree.

Fol­low­ing the red card Bor­ough con­trolled the game right un­til the end and came away 2-1 win­ners to do the dou­ble over Daisy Hill.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.