Rossendale Free Press
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE BENEFITS OF QUINOA
1. Quinoa contains phosphorus, which keeps bones healthy, so is important in terms of osteoporosis and arthritis.
2. It’s rich in potassium, which helps to control the body’s blood pressure.
3. Quinoa is a great source of antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which may help lower the risk of cancer.
4. It’s high in protein, to help rebuild muscle and strengthen hair, nails and skin.
5. Quinoa contains folate (folic acid), one of the B vitamins necessary for a healthy brain and nervous system. It’s essential in pregnancy to prevent spina bifida.