Rossendale Free Press
General Knowledge Quiz
1. What is the anticlimax of a sudden descent from the sublime to the commonplace called?
2. In which country is the city of Meerut, where a famous mutiny began in 1857?
3. Which of the Channel Islands is the largest by area?
4. Which British actor played Robert McCall in The Equalizer? A Dudley Moore
B Edward Woodward
C Roger Moore
D Sean Connery
5. Who wrote the novel Washington Square?
A Henry Irving B Henry Thomas C Henry Wallace D Henry James
6. Which 2014 hit by Taylor Swift is about her indifference to her detractors and their negative view of her image?
A Shake it Off
B Let it Go
C Forget it
D Shrug it Off
Taylor Swift See Question 6.
7. What sort of creature is a shih tzu?
A A cat
B A dog
C A snake
D A rat
8. What is a comic old woman in pantomime usually played by a man called?
A A hag
B A dame
C A crone
D A madame
9. Which famous white marble mausoleum in Agra was built by Shah Jahan in memory of his
A The Ranjah Mahal
B The Punjab Mahal
C The Taj Mahal
D The Raj Mahal 10. What is the largest marsupial mammal?
A Red kangaroo
B Grizzly bear
11. Which country attacked Pearl Harbor in the Second World War? A Germany
12. In what year was the Lockerbie bombing?
13. Which pop legend released the single Seven Years In Tibet? A Elvis Presley
B Jim Morrison
C David Bowie
D Mick Jagger
14. Of which fruit is the plantain a subspecies?
15. In mammals, what is the name for the region of the body extending from the lower surface of the diaphragm to the pelvis?
C Rib cage