Rossendale Free Press
5 REASONS TO... INCLUDE MORE RED CABBAGE IN YOUR DIET
1. Red cabbage is high in betacarotene, which gets converted to vitamin A. That, in turn, plays an important role in keeping your skin, eyes and hair healthy.
2. It contains calcium, magnesium, manganese, and other important minerals that can help protect against osteoporosis, arthritis, and various other inflammations.
3. Red cabbage is rich in vitamin C, which we need for the production of collagen to strengthen muscles and benefit our skin.
4. It is also a great source of antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin which may help lower the risk of cancer.
5. Red cabbage is very low in calories but potentially high in fibre, making it an ideal food if you’re trying to lose weight.