35 Best Beauty Buys For Runners
Time to revamp your self-care routine? Repair and replenish your run-ravaged body with these pampering products
1. P20 Once a Day SunProtection Spray £21, p20.co.uk A hassle-free sunscreen option, P20 gives up to 10 hours’ sun protection with just one application, and with SPF factors from 15-50, there’s one to suit every skin type. 2. Brush on Block £28 + shipping, brushonblock.com This is a clever and grease-free SPF30 mineralpowder sunscreen. The self-dispensing brush is easy to use, the powder will not affect your skin tone and it can be worn over or under makeup. 3. Bea Skin Care Solar Defence Oral Supplements £32, bea-skincare.com A daily tablet containing vitamins D, B3 and B12, as well as calaguala leaf extract to strengthen immune response, gradually build UV tolerance and lower the chances of sunburn. 4. Coola Sport Continuous Spray £32, spacenk.com/uk Infused with cucumber, algae and strawberry extracts to nourish sensitive skin, this clear and odourless spray delivers SPF50 protection and will keep the sun at bay for up to 90 minutes in the water. 5. Eucerin Sun Gel- Creme SPF 50+ £13, sanareva.co.uk If you’re worried about displaying your runner’s acne by the pool, try this non-greasy sun cream. As well as offering strong sun protection, it contains oil-control ingredients to help clear up spotty breakouts. 6. Shisheido Wetforce Clear Stick UV Protector SPF50+ £27, escentual.com As well as being waterproof – ideal for the pool – this SPF50+ product is especially handy for women, as it works over and under makeup for sun protection on the go. 7. Adaptasun Protective Body Mist £42, spacenk.com/uk This light mist uses ‘intra-cellular technology’, which, it’s claimed, neutralises free radicals to protect cellular DNA. The formula also contains coconut oil and rice bran oil to nourish the skin.
8. Sportfx Performance Powder and Bronzer Compact Duo £14.99, sportfx.com Sweatproof and long-lasting, the Sportfx performance powder and bronzer compact duo can withstand everything from HIIT workouts to marathons. 9. Frénésies Body £220, frenesies.com If you can afford it, this body-hairprevention cream is an excellent investment. Rich in selenium, it inhibits unwanted stubble by blocking the follicle in the root, reducing growth by up to 80 per cent. 10. Natural Deodorant Cream £7.99, indigenousbeauty. co.uk Show your pits some love with this nourishing natural deodorant cream. Thanks to a zesty mixture of essential oils, arrowroot and coconut oil, it offers day-long freshness. 11. A’kin Dry Shampoo £12, ocado.com If you train every day, sweaty hair comes with the territory. Saving time on daily hair washing, dry shampoo instantly refreshes oily hair between washes. Simply spray on, brush out and go with confidence. 12. Absolute Collagen £29.99, absolutecollagen.com Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and makes up a large part of our skin, bones and hair. Drink a sachet of this liquid every day to fight the signs of ageing and fast-track your way to healthy skin. 13. Sebamed Cleansing Bar £3.99, sebamed.co.uk You never know how bad chafing is until you hit the showers. This soap- and alkalifree bar is brilliant at restoring the moisture balance of your skin to help get rid of that dry, sore feeling. Smells lovely, too. 14. Work Out Wash Kit £25, menssociety.com This travel-sized recovery kit is packed with goodness: restorative limeand-basil-infused shampoo and body wash; lemon-andthyme-scented face cream; grapeseed and jojoba face oil; and a face towel.
15. AB Crew Hair Minimizing Body Hydrator £17, abcrew.co Reduce your chest rug without waxing or shaving. This is highly moisturising and contains plant proline complex, which, the makers say, slows down the growth process by reducing metabolic activity. 16. Sportsman Recovery Kit £25, menssociety.com This travel-sized kit contains lavender, sandalwood and cedarwood bath oil to help you unwind; peppermint, ginger and black pepper muscle rub to reduce inflammation; and a stretchy recovery band, with manual. 17. Espa Fitness Shower Oil £32, espaskincare.com Combining a blend of West Indian bay and clove bud oils to soothe, lavender to calm a hectic mind and coconut oil to leave your skin soft, this oil also turns to foam once it hits the water, creating a creamy body wash. 18. Perspirex Antiperspirant Roll- On £8.49, perspirex.co.uk Running is a sweaty business, but constant reapplication of deodorant can get tedious. One application of unfragranced Perspirex can keep your pits fresh for up to five days. 19. Instant Clean Balls £5.95, btbgrooming.co.uk If you don’t have time to shower after a race, a hit of this deodorising spray on your crown jewels ensures you are refreshed, comfortable, odour-free and confident in social situations. 20. Nivea Body Shaving Stick £6, nivea.co.uk This handy balm is a bit like a Pritt Stick and is designed for use in the shower. Simply rub it onto your chest (or wherever your chosen area is) and the light and foamy formula will help make the shave proceed more smoothly. 21. Proverb Strengthening Skin Serum £65, proverbskin.com An anti-ageing formula for repairing weathered skin. It contains glycoproteins – proteins with carbs attached to them – which can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
GENERAL BODY CARE
22. Cracked Skin Cream £8.99, whatskinneeds.co.uk All that time spent braving the British weather takes its toll on your body. A regular blob of this rubbed onto the problem area will smooth rough skin and promote greater elasticity in the long term. 23. La Puerta Herbal Face Serum £32.20 + shipping, rancholapuerta.com This is a gentle hydrating treatment for the face. Chamomile extract promotes youthful skin, while the antiinflammatory properties in calendula will soothe and restore. 24. Actidren Revitalising Leg Gel £15.99, elifexirnatural.com Give your legs the attention they deserve with this zesty gel. It’s infused with black elder extract to reduce inflammation. Apply morning and night to stimulate blood flow. 25. Suu Balm £13.90, suubalm.com If you can’t stop scratching your flaky runner’s skin and are sure you don’t need to go to the doctor (stern look), a couple of applications of this moisturising anti-itch cream should help you be readmitted to polite society. 26. Espa Muscle Rescue Balm £30, espaskincare.com A luxurious posttraining balm. Peppermint and eucalyptus will revive aching joints, while the clove bud oil warms and soothes the muscles. Coconut oil helps the skin lock in moisture. 27. Olverum Bath Oil £29, olverum.com This luxurious blend of essential bath oils – such as Siberian fir needle, juniper, eucalyptus, lime and exotic verbena – has been formulated for sore muscles, and it’s so concentrated it only requires half a capful per decadent tub. 28. Frances Prescott Tri Balm £48, francesprescott.com This 3-in-1 balm cleanses, exfoliates and moisturises in one go. Beeswax helps to remove impurities, pumpkin enzyme naturally exfoliates and sweet almond oil locks in moisture.
29. Footlogix Exfoliating Seaweed Scrub £13.95, ellisons.co.uk Not only will this stimulating seaweed scrub scour away the dead skin on your feet, but the blend of microalgae, oils and polished pumice means it does so without being abrasive. 30. Beautypro Foot And Callus Peel Treatment Bootie £3.95, ellisons.co.uk Calloused feet may well be the evidence of many a tough race, but they do not look appealing in your flip-flops. Smooth hardened skin with this hydrating and antibacterial bootie. 31. Newton’s Charcoal Deodorant Foot Cream £3.99, fragrancedirect.com Activated charcoal is used in soaps, toothpastes and face masks. Its antibacterial qualities mean it’s perfect for freshening up smelly feet, too. Use daily. 32. CND Marine Cooling Mineral Clay Foot Masque £23.95, ellisons.co.uk If your tootsies are hot and bothered, try this cooling masque. A facial for your feet, the clay refreshes and revives so that you are ready for some dancing (or your next run). 33. Excilor Fungal Nail Treatment £23.99, excilor.com Imagine a world where you didn’t have to keep those gnarled toenails of yours under wraps all summer. Make your dream come true: this handy daily applicator will zap your fungal infection away in a few days. 34. Palmer’s Foot Magic Lotion £3.99 superdrug.com A little bit of magic can work wonders. Enriched with peppermint oil and mango butter, this is designed to penetrate deeply to soften and soothe rough, dry skin. Best applied at night and covered with socks. 35. Canesten Dual Action £2.95, superdrug.com It’s probably time to get round to sorting out that athlete’s foot, eh? Clear up that itchy rash between your toes by applying this cream daily for up to four weeks – your feet will thank you. And so will everyone else.