1. David is growing three sunflowers. The shortest is five-sevenths as tall as the tallest, which is as much taller than the middle one as the middle one is taller than the shortest. If the middle sunflower is nine feet tall, how tall is the tallest one?
2. What connects the following: Michael, Candle and Hallow?
3. Which Abba hit may make THE GNOME HATE FAME?
4. Which is the odd one out: Green, Crane, Bing, Buffay?
5. Using the chemical symbols, how may one make germanium, neon, radium and tellurium? SOLUTION: PULLOUT BACK PAGE
1 Ten and a half feet. 2 They all form new words with the suffix -mas (Michaelmas, Candlemas, Hallowmas). 3 The Name Of The Game. 4 Crane; the others are surnames of Friends characters. 5 Generate (Ge-Ne-Ra-Te).