Where are we?
Perched on the Moray Firth coast this small harbour town has a population of just over 1,700 people. It grew up around the ‘Old’ harbour which dates from the 17th century and is the oldest on the Moray Forth. It’s ‘New’ harbour was built in 1825 due to demand from the growing herring industry. It is famous for its subtle green and red coloured stone, which is usually referred to as marble but is in fact serpentine which has been used in the Palace of Versailles. The town is also home to the Glenglassaugh distillery.