Slough Express

Warning issued after heater sets fire to towel

- LANGLEY:

A fire safety message has been issued after firefighte­rs attended the scene of a small fire in which a towel had been left to dry on a portable heater at a property in

Langley.

At around 4am on Wednesday, three appliances, two from Slough and one from Langley, attended the property in Langley Road.

Firefighte­rs said that the fire was nearly out by the time they arrived and two appliances left the scene.

A Langley Fire Station spokesman said the towel had caught fire while on the portable heater.

There were five people in the house at the time, but no one was injured.

Firefighte­rs from Langley were at the scene for around 45 minutes to an hour and helped to clear out the smoke in the property.

Crews were planning to return to the property to provide some fire safety advice. The station emphasised the message that ‘people don’t dry stuff directly on portable heaters or fires’.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom