QUOTES OF THE DAY
“The clock is ticking towards a tipping point when the impact of what we are doing will become dangerously irreversible. We have a responsibility and obligation to the next generation to drastically reduce the extent to which we plunder the world’s natural resources”
– The Duke of Cambridge.
“I’m a pretty bad actress when I’m playing anyone but myself”
– Comedian Katherine Ryan, who is to play a problematic single mother in a new TV series.
“I took the fast lane all of my life, I’ve been a bad girl, I’ve been a good wife. I don’t stop to think, when I go in, I go in”
– Pop star Cheryl in her comeback
“I know the world is not ending, but it does feel like a really rotten day to have to let people down”
– Singer Kylie Minogue on having to postpone shows through illness.
“The Prime Minister isn’t putting together a deal that will last. Instead, she’s promising all things to all people and hoping no-one will notice. It is simply not possible to pull the wool over people’s eyes in this way and it is a recipe for Brexit disaster”
– Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s First
“I’ve never understood why if you live in Lancaster you shouldn’t have access to the best theatre going. It’s a pity if theatre becomes only something you do on high days and holidays, and spend a fortune seeing the long-running musical”
– Actor Sir Ian McKellen, who is embarking on a tour of regional