1. Footballer Ada Hegerberg had just won the first Women’s Ballon d’or when host DJ Martin Solveig asked her to do what, sparking controversy?
2. Which country has abandoned plans for a fuel tax rise which had led to weeks of violent protests?
3. Who wrote Steptoe and Son, alongside Alan Simpson?
4. John Lennon and Yoko Ono wrote which Christmas hit as an anti Vietnam War song?
5. Which Spanish operatic soprano’s duet of Barcelona became an official theme song for the 1992 Olympic Games?
6. Which actor, who died earlier this year, became famous playing Dirty Den, the landlord of the Queen Vic?
7. Radio broadcaster Simon Bates is best associated with which feature item where he read out tragic stories?
8. The Barbary lion was native to which part of the world?
9. Sableye is a character in which children’s media franchise created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1995?
10. In US primary schools it’s known as recess or break, but what’s it known as in the UK?
11. Which Darts player hit the first ever televised nine-dart finish?
12. Which American comedian links Seinfeld which he co-created, and Curb Your Enthusiasm, where he played a semi-fictionalised version of himself?
13. Tennis player Henri Leconte won nine ATP titles in an 11-year period, but which country did he represent?
14. Which of the following figures is not mentioned in the Billy Joel song We Didn’t Start the Fire? a) Doris Day, b) Peter Pan, c) Muhammad Ali or d)29 Joe Di Maggio.
15. True or false: The Vatu is the unit of currency in Vanuatu.
16. What is Scotland’s second highest mountain?
17. Verne Troyer became famous for playing which character in the Austin Powers films?
18. Who served as Cabinet Secretary from January 1, 2012, and Head of the Home Civil Service from September 2014, until stepping down in October 2018?
19. Which English comedy scriptwriter and presenter is probably best remembered for presenting It’ll be Alright on the Night?
20. Who came to prominence as Lewis Medlock in Deliverance and starred in The Longest Yard in 1974?
21. Which singer, who died in October at the age of 94, was one of France’s most popular singers and was dubbed the French Sinatra?
22. Which group were Glad All Over in 1964?
23. The Jackson 5 were made up of brothers Jackie,
Tito, Michael, Jermaine and which other brother?
24. SW1A 2AA is the postcode for which famous residence?
25. Which country, the second largest in the world, is split into 10 provinces?
26. In what year did Channel 4 started broadcasting? a) 1980 b) 1982 c) 1984.
27. What is the correct meaning of the word decimate?
28. Who was the lead singer of the group The Four Seasons?
29. Little Drummer Boy/peace on Earth was recorded by the unlikely duo of Bing Crosby and who?
30. A new Met Police tactic sees officers ramming which vehicles, to stop criminal activity?