Six treated after blaze

South Wales Evening Post - - LETTERS -

NORTH WALES Four teenagers were among six peo­ple taken to hos­pi­tal after a house fire. The fire hap­pened at a prop­erty in Alyn Road, Buck­ley, which is near Mold. The teenagers – three boys and a girl – along with a woman in her 40s, and a 26-year-old man, were all said to have been asleep when the blaze broke out at 4.53am yes­ter­day. Fire en­gines from Dee­side and Wrex­ham went to the scene and six peo­ple were found to have suf­fered smoke in­hala­tion and were taken to Wrex­ham Maelor Hos­pi­tal for treat­ment. The fire was con­fined to a down­stairs liv­ing room and two hose reels, four sets of breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus and a ther­mal imag­ing cam­era were used to tackle it. Bob Ma­son, from North Wales Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice, told North Wales Live: “These res­i­dents had a nar­row es­cape as there was no smoke alarm in the prop­erty.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.