Up­grad­ing your air ri­fle

Sporting Gun - - Letters -

Is it pos­si­ble to get my 12ft/lb air gun al­tered to FAC stan­dards? I feel I need a bit more power but with­out go­ing to a .22 rim­fire.

David says: Some mod­els of air ri­fle are avail­able in both low-power and FAC ver­sions and con­ver­sion is the­o­ret­i­cally pos­si­ble. Whether it is cost-ef­fec­tive com­pared with buy­ing a new FAC gun is a dif­fer­ent mat­ter. If you do con­vert an ex­ist­ing gun it is a one-way street as you can’t down­grade it if you find it is not what you want. If the low-power gun is in­suf­fi­ciently pow­er­ful you may be able to im­prove mat­ters by us­ing field­craft to get a bit closer. More power is not al­ways a good thing.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.