Fire disaster averted in Crieff but not Lang Toon
It’s business as usual at the new bar of Rosebank Hotel, Crieff, in spite of a fire which extensively damaged three rooms on Wednesday night.
It is thought a joist below the lounge fireplace started smouldering and caused the fire.
The fire was discovered by the proprietors , Mr and Mrs Joseph Carmichael, who were awakened by the noise at two o’clock in the morning and initially thought someone was trying to break in.
Elsewhere the same night, more than 20 pigs, including a litter born on Christmas Day, perished in a shed fire near Auchterarder.