Wallace is on the road to recovery after op
Comrie golf professional Wallace Booth will be out of action for six months following a shoulder operation.
The former Walker Cup star (32) went under the knife in December and is already looking forward to getting back out on the course.
But he knows that the process can’t be rushed and said:“I had surgery on December 15 and so far I’m recovering well.
“It will be a minimum of six months before I will be able to compete, but I am just taking one day at a time.
“It will be essential to find out why this same injury has happened again, especially since I’ve been very careful since my last operation.
“This includes what I have and haven’t been doing in the gym, and proper warm-ups before playing.
“I’m hoping for a speedy and successful recovery to get me back on the course, but I know one day at a time is key.”
Wallace is reflecting on a mixed 2017, which included an Algarve Pro Golf Tour victory at the beginning of the year. However, shoulder problems started to hinder his progress as the summer approached, before the full extent of the injury was discovered in December.
Wallace said:“It is incredible how quickly 2017 has come and gone. It was definitely a year of two halves for my golf.
“My pre-season was a success as I managed to get my first win in four-and-a-half years in a playoff and felt like I was building momentum, especially with a steady first three events on the EuroPro Tour.
“After a three-week break in May/June, I started to feel pain in my left shoulder — a pain which was quite familiar.
“My game wasn’t the same from then on, and eventually, at the start of December, it was discovered that I had re-torn my labrum and needed an operation to repair it.”
Despite the set-back Wallace is remaining positive, concluding:“I am excited about 2018 and what it holds.”
Sidelined Wallace is set to return in six months