Con­sumer watch

Be sure your home and its contents are fully cov­ered

Style at Home (UK) - - Do It | Home Saver -

Whether you rent a one-bed­room flat or own a five-bed­room town­house, home in­sur­ance is es­sen­tial. It’s not a le­gal re­quire­ment to have in­sur­ance, but if you have a mort­gage, then it’s usual for the lender to in­sist you take out cover. don’t wait un­til com­ple­tion – be sure you’re cov­ered when you ex­change con­tracts, as you have a fi­nan­cial in­ter­est in the prop­erty from this point. If you rent, check that your land­lord has build­ings cover in place. contents cover is sen­si­ble for renters and home own­ers and the best way to en­sure you have enough is to walk from room to room and make a list of your pos­ses­sions. Tot up how much it would cost to re­place them new and this is the sum you’ll need to in­sure. get a quote at gocom­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.