Fake gadgets set your hair ablaze
PRICEY ONE in 11 electrical gadgets imported into the UK is fake and a potential death trap, experts have warned.
Counterfeit items, mostly from the Far East, include exploding phone batteries and hair straighteners that heat up until they burn. DUD
Detective Sergeant Kevin Ives, of City of London Police, said: “There are horror stories of people’s hair catching fire.” Yesterday safety experts launched a pre-Christmas campaign to highlight the perils of bogus goods.
The London Fire Brigade added: “Cheap can often mean fake which will always mean dangerous to use at home.”