Sunday Mirror

Coutinho’s offered to Prem three


PHILIPPE COUTINHO has been offered to three Premier League clubs in a cut-price arrangemen­t.


Barcelona are desperate to remove the former Liverpool midfielder from their wage bill.

The La Liga giants have tasked his agent Kia Joorabchia­n with speaking to West Ham, Wolves and Leicester.

Any deal would involve a loan for this season with an obligation to pay at least 60 per cent of his £7.7million-a-year wages – with Barca funding the other 40 per cent.

The only catch is that Barca, who splashed out £130m for Coutinho, want an answer by Friday.

It comes after the Catalan club announced yesterday that they had agreed to slash the wages of Spain centre-back Gerard Pique and are renegotiat­ing the deals of club captain Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba.

They have also confirmed that midfielder Memphis Depay, defender Eric Garcia and striker Rey Manaj have been added to the team for their opening La Liga game today against Real Sociedad.

So it’s vital that

Coutinho goes – and soon.

Joorabchia­n, who has excellent contacts in the Premier League, is trying to broker a move after it became clear that Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman didn’t see Coutinho in his plans.

The Brazilian has struggled to live up to his billing since his move from Anfield.

He was sent on loan to Bayern Munich in 2019-20 – and last season made just 14 appearance­s back at the Nou Camp.

The good news for West Ham, Wolves and Leicester, however, is that Coutinho is still only 29 and has just two years remaining on his contract – which means he could be bought on the cheap next year.

Despite being offered to Lazio, the word from Italy is that a transfer to Rome is seen as improbable.


Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom