The Courier & Advertiser (Perth and Perthshire Edition)
Clockwise from bottom left: model wears the London Loves LA limited edition Lola X Dodgers pink hoodie, from londonlovesla.com; a model wearing the Wallis Pale orchid pink one shoulder dress; the Fenn Wright Manson Hvar top; the Bonprix off the shoulder j
Pink is the undisputed colour of the season, but there’s more than one way to wear it. From pale to punchy, lays out the top pink picks from both ends of the spectrum
Ever wondered how to wear the current pink trend? Here’s everything you need to know on how to wear pink like a pro.
Not quite Barbie-bright but definitely not blush, the bubblegummy hue that’s been christened “Millennial pink” (because of its popularity among those born in the 80s and 90s) is all over the shops right now – but you don’t have to be 35 or under to wear it.
This warm, mid-pink is gorgeous for spring days paired with black, grey and other cool neutrals but the most fashion-forward way to wear it now is clashed with tomato red or fuchsia.
– Oliver Bonas Lapas pinafore dress, £75 (available in June; www.oliverbonas. com)
– Bonprix off the shoulder jumpsuit, £39.99 (www.bonprix.co.uk)
– Fenn Wright Manson Hvar top, £79 (www.fennwrightmanson.com)
– Lost Ink satin cigarette trousers, £35, Littlewoods (www.littlewoods.com)
– Dune Megg pink platform mule sandal, £80 (www.dunelondon.com)
At the other end of the spectrum, the hottest of pinks is making a strong case for brightening up your warm weather wardrobe, particularly when it comes to after-dark dressing.
Make a fuchsia dress the centre of a summer party ensemble, or add flashes of colour with hot pink accessories.
– Wallis Pale Orchid pink one shoulder dress, £40.50 (www.wallis.co.uk)
– JD Williams Lorraine Kelly hot pink lace dress, £65; Magenta block heel court shoes, £18 (www.jdwilliams.co.uk)
– Dorothy Perkins pink stunned heeled sandals, £39 (www.dorothy perkins.com)
– Studio by Preen bright pink floral embroidered top, £44.10, Debenhams (www.debenhams.com)
– Oasis bright pink leather cross-body clutch, £25 (www.oasis-stores.com)