Po­lice on hunt for two teenagers who broke man’s eye socket

The Courier & Advertiser (Perth and Perthshire Edition) - - NEWS -

Po­lice have re­leased the de­scrip­tions of two youths they are seek­ing in con­nec­tion with a se­ri­ous at­tack in Perth city cen­tre.

The pair, who were part of a larger group, are be­lieved to have as­saulted a 26-year-old man who had been at the BBC’s Big­gest Week­end at Scone Palace ear­lier in the day,

The vic­tim had stepped in to help some­one else who was be­ing at­tacked by the group at the Mur­ray Street taxi rank around mid­night on May 26.

He suf­fered a bro­ken eye socket as a re­sult of the beat­ing.

Of­fi­cers are ap­peal­ing for any­one who was in the area at the time, or any­one who thinks they can iden­tify the cul­prits, to come for­ward.

They have also asked any driv­ers who were nearby, par­tic­u­larly taxi driv­ers, if they have dash cam footage of the in­ci­dent.

A spokesman said col­leagues were look­ing to trace a group of be­tween eight and 15 youths, thought to have been in their late teens.

He added: “In par­tic­u­lar we are try­ing to trace a 19-year-old male who wore dark shorts and dark T-shirt with large white print on the front, along with another 19-year-old man who wore a dark T-shirt and light coloured shorts.

“We be­lieve both th­ese males car­ried out the as­sault,” he said.

“The taxi rank at Mur­ray Street was very busy at the time with a queue of peo­ple await­ing taxis.”

The vic­tim has been told he will need surgery af­ter spe­cial­ists at Perth Royal In­fir­mary found his right eye socket was frac­tured.

Any­one with in­for­ma­tion on the as­sault should phone po­lice on 101.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.