Craigie Past and Present
1. In European competition, Dundee United first faced English opposition in 1969. Who were their opponents?
2. In Perthshire where is Scotland’s one and only tea plantation situated?
3. In the post-war years which husband and wife duo headlined seasonal summer shows in Perth Theatre?
4. One of Kirriemuir’s twin towns is known as Kerrimuir. Where is it to be found geographically?
5. Which notable Royal presided at the Black Watch Homecoming parade in Forfar in 2012?
This delightful picture of former Courier nature writer and artist Colin Gibson in his studio was sent in by retired Angus journalist Gordon Cook, who interviewed him in 1998. Gordon says: “Colin was one of the most amiable gentlemen I ever met, and the hour or so I spent in his company remains a most pleasurable memory.”