The Courier & Advertiser (Perth and Perthshire Edition)
Labour again pushes back its launch
Anas Sarwar says Scottish Labour’s manifesto launch has been delayed to Thursday due to an “unscheduled” coronavirus announcement from the Scottish Government set for tomorrow.
Mr Sarwar said the launch date had been pushed back for a second time – following the delay to the original launch due to the suspension of campaigning after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death.
However, the first minister has previously indicated she would be likely to give an announcement tomorrow.
The Scottish Labour leader said despite the delays he had nevertheless been setting out his policies on job creation and economic recovery.
On the BBC’S Sunday Show, Mr Sarwar said the original launch had been planned for today.
Mr Sarwar continued: “We’ve been told to expect a statement from the Scottish Government that was unscheduled. So we’re having to move our manifesto date again.”
He said this was “frustrating” but the party had not been waiting for its manifesto launch to set out its policies on economic stimulus and tackling child poverty.