A woman in uniform
1. Never mind the UFO. Why weren’t the Firm all checking out Anne’s appearance as a Ruritanian generalissimo?
2. ‘Have I overdone the medals?’ the Princess Royal asked her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, in 2016.
3. Here she is last month in her capacity as head of the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry, aka FANY. Stop sniggering.
4. The Princess Royal loves a bit of headgear frou-frou. Here she is, in striking spring plumage, attending this year’s Easter Day service at St George’s Chapel.
5. In this image from 2010, the Princess is either leaving an Order of the Garter service or sporting a small ostrich on her head.
6. Snazz up any avocado green outfit by accessorising your hat with a net curtain. A classic look from 1978.
7. Ladies and gents, my proof that Princess Anne is a time traveller. Fig 1, a picture of her at Ascot in 1980…
8. …andfig2,at Westminster Abbey in 2018. A change of headgear can’t fool me.
9. Here she is in 1990, attending the premiere of The Never Ending Story II… 10. … Or does the title simply refer to this dress? Twenty years later, it resurfaced at King Constantine of Greece’s 70th birthday party.