The Daily Telegraph

80 people vacate homes after major gas leak fire

-

Eighty people were forced to leave their homes after a severe fire, which had been exacerbate­d by a gas leak.

Cambridges­hire Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to a large blaze at Hyholmes, North Bretton, at 12.31am yesterday and took more than 12 hours to put it out.

Crews discovered a substantia­l fire in a building in the Peterborou­gh suburb which was affecting a gas mains supply. Firefighte­rs set up hose reels to prevent the fire spreading to nearby properties, while a 330ft cordon was in place.

No one was injured in the incident.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom