The Herald

Home burns down on Christmas Day


A COUPLE who put real candles on their Christmas tree have seen their home destroyed by fire. Firefighte­rs were called out after the couple decided to show their grandchild­ren a German tradition. The couple, in their 80s, were treated for smoke inhalation in hospital after escaping from the property in Worthing, West Sussex, which went up in flames on Christmas Day. The children were unharmed.

 ??  ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom