NEW TO MARKET OFFERS OVER £115k
SET within a fairytale West Highland woodland glen surrounded by semi-ancient native forest is an enchanting converted chapel imbued in romance and history.
Chapel Cottage was built at Glendaruel on the Cowal Peninsula in 1912 by London surgeon William Harrison Cripps, then owner of Glendaruel House, for his mistress and second wife, Giulia Ravogli, an Italian opera singer.
It was named St Sophia’s Chapel and built in Gothic revival style to incorporate ecclesiastical windows with magnificent stained and leaded glass, exposed roof timbers and trusses, exposed stone walls and pitch pine flooring – all of which are protected by B-listed status.
The open-plan accommodation is accessed by an arched outer door and vestibule with red quarry-tiled floor, stone slab benches, exposed timbers and coat hooks. The living/ dining room has a log-burning stove and raised dais to a further sitting and sleeping area. The detail, particularly in the jewel coloured stained glass windows, is awesome.
Off the living area is a kitchen in what was originally the vestry. It too has a log-burner and exposed ceiling timbers. There is also a